Monday, December 20, 2010

8 Maids a-Milking

I think I found a new blog layout that I'm happy with. Hooray.
Anyways, so it's FREEZING. Here's a picture of my chilly home. There's a rumor going around that a storm's a-brewin'over the British Isles. The worst storm they've had in 100 years. I'm SO glad we were here to experience it. To be honest, a horrific snow storm here is probably called "any given Wednesday from October to March" in Provo, so I'm not too scared. Just imagine what the East coast got last year. Everyone freaked out and called it "Snowmageddon" while we out west laughed at you and shoveled the 6 feet of snow from our walkway to get to school that was still in session.


Salvation Army band in Broadmead ^ I was so excited to see a brass band in the town square! I even tossed in a few coins for some extra Christmas blessings! Then they started to play the saddest, dirge-iest Christmas song I'd ever heard. Whatever happened to "Jingle Bells"? Or the classic "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"? Instead we got "Santa Died and his Funeral was on Boxing Day." I'm being harsh, the music was really lovely. Just not so upbeat. We also saw a girls' choir singing in Cabot Circus. Now THEY gave me a Christmas spirit boost. It was beautiful! I didn't recognize the carols, but they sounded old English-y. And where they were standing, it had the perfect accoustics that made them sound that much better. We gave them money too. After all the Christmas shopping we've done, the left over pennies, 5 p, and 10 p coins get heavy, so it's nice to dump them on the needy.

We ran into all the missionaries at Primark today. It was funny, we saw our buddy Elder Conover talking with the Sisters and an Elder from the other Bristol ward and we just kind of got closer and closer and waited for him to notice us. We were pretty much just standing there making the ones that didn't know who we were feel uncomfortable until Conover said "Sister Tonks!" (That's me by the way) They were out on their district P-Day doing Christmas-y things.

We saw David Archuleta with the Mo Tab for the Christmas thing. I don't care if he's a teeny bopper pop star. That kid is talented! I had to explain who he was to the Camachos, but they were impressed with him as well. Yay for talented mormons!

No comments: