Saturday, January 1, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

My blog has been doing this weird thing and I can't write when I u[load pictures to say what they're about... but my last post was pretty much self-explainitory, except the last picture. After the clock struck 12 on New Year's Eve, a bunch of Chinese people let go these mini hot air balloons into the sky. It's like making new years resolutions, with each balloon representing something they wish for new year. And since there's a bg Chinese population here, we saw so many as we walked home! We also saw several drunkies. One guy came up to us, arms outstretched and said "Why can't every ay be like this? Happy New Year!" It actually sounded more like, "Whycannevrydaybeliiithis? Habbynewyrrr!" Funny :) Haha "Habbynewyrrr" looks like a Welsh word.
So this has been the end of a big decade for me/us! 2000, I was in 6th grade, and since then I went to high school, got my driver's license, went to college, worked at Disney World, got married, gained a sibling, and moved to England! Thanks 2000's for being so good to me. Hopefully the 20-teens will be just as good! Babies, jobs, class reunions, kids going to school, and, most importantly, our first puppy! :) Jokes :) First item on the list: Go to Italy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

There is a scene in Tangled when everyone from the village lets a little paper "hot air balloon" go to send out a birthday wish to the lost princess...reminded me of that. The 2000s were full of changes for you and for our whole family, weren't they? I had a little girl who loved NSync, singing in community theater, dancing, going to amusement parks, and spending time with family and friends at home and school (and you were asking me for a brother! hehe). Now you're a married woman living across the great pond. You still love most of those things, though, like Disney World and Busch Gardens (and now you have a brother)! This decade brought some challenges and the confirmation that "this too will pass" and good things are just around the corner.