Wednesday, March 28, 2012

End of Days

I just read an article about a group that believes there are aliens in the mysterious French Pic de Bugarach mountain waiting to save them when the end comes at the close of this year.  Hmmmm....  Interesting.  Not to stomp on anyone's beliefs (let's be honest, a lot of people, especially nowadays, think we the Mormons are wack-a-doos... we're not BTW)  buuuuuuuuuuuuuut... well, I'll let you know how I feel on December 13th.

Anyway

This made me start thinking about 30 Rock.  Yep.  30 Rock.  On the Leap Day episode, everyone supported Kenneth the Page's beliefs that the world was going to end that day, even though they thought it was cuckoo.  They just wanted him to live that day as if it really WAS his last.  Maybe facing an "End of Days" could inspire people to do things they've always wanted to / never thought they would do!  I've had a couple of opportunities I feel like I missed out on (not heavy regrets, just little things that irk me...  like not taking that extra puppetry workshop while I was working at Disney World, or not visiting Ireland again while we were living in England).

Weeeellllll

The Mister and I are killing two birds with one stone this weekend.

Stone number one:  When we were living in Provo, we always talked about wanting to go to Moab and Arches National Park.  We just never got around to it, then we moved to another country never to return.... or so we thought....  Now we happen to find ourselves not only back in Utah, but back in SOUTHERN Utah.  Sure, Moab is still 5 hours away, but hey!  It's a day trip if you want it to be!

Stone number two:  As soon as we moved to the UK, one of my favorite BBC shows, Doctor Who, filmed an episode in Utah.  Ironic.  So, once I realized that they do a lot of filming in the area (from John Wayne to John Carter) I thought I would do some research into any films they were planning on making while we were here.  ..........I found one!!!!  They're doing The Lone Ranger this summer (avec Johnny Depp...  uhhhh yeahhhh) and they're holding an open casting call for extras in Moab on Sunday!



I know I know, it's a looooooong shot, but I decided if we didn't go it'd be one of those times where I'd just look back and say, "I realllllllllly wish we'd done that."  And if we don't get cast, the day won't have been wasted because we'll have done some Arch-seeing as well!  And we're talking about living life to the fullest here!  I see no down side.

Hi Ho Silver.... Away!!!!!

No comments: