Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day Trips and Cornish Pasties

A view from Cornwall. On Wednesday, Yuki and I joined Kimberly Oldham and her brood (three adorable kids, Rachel Andrew and Nathan) on a drive down to Cornwall. We started with Exetor Cathedral, which was BEAUTIFUL. I love cathedrals, and we had this one to ourselves mostly, so this sweet old lady that worked there kept popping up and giving us random neat information. Then we went to a seaside town called... something with a p... anyway it was so cute. It reminded me of Rehobeth plus really old buildings. We had lunch here and saw a rainbow! I ate a Cornish Pasty in Cornwall, so I can check that off of life's checklist. Next: a frankfurter in Frankfurt, then a hamburger in Hamburg.


This is Rachel! She's such a sweet little 3 year old, and so talkative! We talked for hours about octupuses, mermaid, and gum.


Exetor Cathedral



Kimberly's main objective of the trip was to see some cliffs, because when you think Cornwall you think beautiful cliffs. Anyway, so we asked around at one of our stops where we could see some cool views and we ended up in another town whose name I forgot. I took a video, so you can feel like you're there!



Today at church I had my first primary lesson :) It's a temporary calling, so I'll only be a teacher for 6 weeks, but this first week went really well! I had two year olds, Thomas and Charlie. Thomas is the son of the South African family that had us over for lunch last week. He's so funny, and he's taken quite a shine to Nathan and I. He even sat next to us during sacrament. He's such a cutie. He wanted to come home with us today, but he would have had to ride the bus with us and Nathan had homework to do. I want to have them all over next week though! I've caught an entertaining bug. I just wish we had more chairs! Anyway, the boys were really good in class. We played a board game that taught us different things we can do to prepare for the Savior when He comes again and they loved it so much we played three times hahaha. And I think I actually taught them something because Charlie was able to recap the parable of the Ten Virgins back to me when class was done. Success! Apparently I'm supposed to have more kids in class though (6 I think). So we'll see if they're that good net week. But I've got Charlie and Thomas on my side, so maybe they'll be good.

THANKSGIVING THIS WEEK. I. Am. Excited. Like I said, I love entertaining. So excited!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Children have always taken a shine to you Kelsey! It's your sparkling personality. They can tell that you are interested in them and you like them. Thank you for the lovely pictures and video. I do get a sense of being there! I've heard Cornwall and its cliffs are amazing. We will miss you so much at Thanksgiving, especially your sweet potato casserole. OK, we'll still have it but it won't be mushed by the master. hehe So this week is Happy Birthday Mom and Dad, Happy 25th Anniversary Mom and Dad, and Happy Thanksgiving. Yaaaay!