Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cool Beans, c-cool beans

So has anyone seen the tv show "Skins"? I probably shouldn't suggest it because it's about a group of really bad kids, but whatevs. For some reason it doesn't look as bad when they're British. Anyway, it's filmed here in Jolly ol' Bristol. I just started watching the first season (they're filming the... 8th season now? Something like that). One of my managers actually babysat one of the girls from the first two seasons, Jal. She's the black girl in the picture wearing orange. Cool beans. It's cool to see them hanging out at places I go to all the time. That's mainly why I watch it. Nathan and I are always like, hey we were there today! Or hey we can see that from our flat! Anyway, if you want to see where I live, watch the show. But remember, not all Bristolians are like that. If they are, God help the UK. Oh and the kid from About a Boy and Dev Patel from Slumdog Milionaire are in the first two seasons.



sorry I haven't really been keeping up with the blog, but honestly... there's really been not much to write about. I'm back to working once a week. The other days of the week are pretty boring. Valentine's day was a good time. Nathan had the sweetest card and present for me: Matt Smith's sonic screwdriver! For those of you not familiar with Doctor Who, it's a nerdy toy that I just love. The sonic screwdriver is to Doctor Who toys as the lightsaber is to Star Wars toys. Don't say it's not romantic, because it totally is! It means that my hubby knows me and knows how to make me smile. He had class most of the day, so I spent that time cooking a nice dinner: stroganoff. Mmm. We actually just had leftovers and it was better the second time. We were going to see True Grit, but I wasn't feeling 100%, so we decided to go on Thursday (tomorrow) when we both had time and the cinemas weren't quite so busy. Valentine's day will reconvene tomorrow around noon.

I actually got Nathan to watch Glee with me today (it's usually impossible) and we both enjoyed a little Beiber fever. Nathan says he only watches because he loves Sue, which is fine with me. We love watching other things together: Community, Modern Family, Raising Hope, Big Bang Theory (which has yet to make me lol this season), and Wipeout, so I guess it's ok that I can't get him to Gleek out with me.

So, pre-natal vitamins make your hair grow, right? My hair's been pretty much the same since high school. Every once in a while I'd chop it, but then it just goes back to being long with fringe (they don't say bangs here, it's fringe, I think bangs means something bad... or it's sausage). I figure if I just get it to grow all out quickly, I can decide to cut it some new way. I'm just super bored mith my hair as of now. And we're thinking baby thoughts soon anyway, so pre-natal vitamins would be good anyway.

2 comments:

Taylor Brady said...

HOT ROD!!! I win! :D

Lisa said...

Skins?! Say it isn't so. Please. Brain pollution.
Prenatal vitamins may help your hair growth. My hair is starting to fall out after being pregnant. It's reaching pre-pregnancy normality. Glad you had a fun post-Valentine time :)