Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Obsessions

ZUMBA!!

I've finally found someone who'll go with me to a class!  It's cheap and the instructor is a BEAST!  I love feeling sore the next day.  And from what?  Shaking my booty.  Best.  Excercise.  Ever.  The first class I went to I had not taken my inhaler and I had a full belly of jumbalaya.  Dur.  I felt like I was at the Biggest Loser ranch on the first week.  I thought... am I really this out of shape???  But then I went this week and kicked butt.  Tips to noobs: pace yourself, bring water, don't fill up before hand, and don't watch the other people in the class (especially the gals in the front row...  you know, the ones who bought the Zumba merchandise or are wearing their dance leotards and tights... just focus on the teacher).  I found this funny picture on Pinterest:


So true...  Zumba reminds me of my old stake dance days...  I've re-connected with my inner funk.

This was 5 years ago... wuuuut??  I'm trying to get that bod back.  I'd say I'm not too too far, 15 or 20 lbs-ish.  Just a layer of padding I'd like to see disappear.

Anyway, next obsession:

Pink Ladies!!


No no no.  The apple.  The Pink Lady apple.  We've been getting them from CostCo by the pallet and I can't get enough.  We also just bought new floss, which comes in handy.


Oh and I also had another weird dream.  Nathan and I were staying at my grandparents house when a little wooden baby came into our bedroom when we were trying to sleep.  He told us to follow him into the laundry room.  Once we got there he turned into Mr. Clean magic eraser sponges.  I was happy because I love cleaning with them! 

Weird.

Till next time!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Zumba is muy dificil! It is fun, though. Those pictures of how we think we look and how we really look cracked me up :) I've gotten back into my exercise routine on the Wii. Maybe I'll get the Wii Zumba. I checked it out of the library, but I think you need to get a belt or something to do it right with the Wii. I'm trying to keep in shape so Adam can have a Momma for a long time. You too, but you doesn't needs me anymore...sniff, sniff