Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What Time is it?


I have a cute husband.  He's my best friend.  He grew a beard just for me.  We laugh at people together.  He sings Adele in the shower.  He watches movies for his career.  He thinks I'm funny.  He can't do math, but he can tell you about any war ever and knows all the US Presidents.  He hates shorts and sandals.  He takes me on adventures.  He smells nice.  He's very protective of his technology.  He's my sweetie.  And I love him.

He brought home a rose for me, then we revived our date tradition from Provo: a movie and Five Guys.  We were excited to see that one of the movie theaters around here was showing a bunch of Oscar-nominated films, including "The Artist".  We both had really wanted to see it, but thought we'd missed our chance!  We were SO thrilled that we got to see it.  It.  Was.  Amazing.  By far the best movie I've seen in a while.  It's silent (except for music of course) and it's in black and white, but that shouldn't be a deterrent.  If anything, it should intrigue you.  Nathan' is the critic, but I can hold my own in a film discussion and I know when things are excellent.  I won't give a full synopsis, but I will say that the story is beautiful, the shots are beautiful, the acting is beautiful, and Jean Dujardin is be-yoo-ta-ful.  He has the unique gift of drawing you into his story with just a smile or an eyebrow.  And his smile.... *needs a second*  Nathan and I agreed that Jean could be my Valentine too.  Ooo Ooo!  I just put this together!  Jean's character in the movie was George Valentin!  Snap.  Happy Valentine's Day.  I hope they win every Oscar.  Even the one's they weren't nominated for.


Here's some more pictures from Christmas.

Me at the International Wildlife Museum in Tucson,


next to a big ol' cactus,


and shooting a cute little gun.


Yeehaw.  I think living in England made me a mega-American.

Oh and YAY HOORAY!  It's my 100th post!  Not that anyone really reads this here blog, but I've decided it's for posterity and I'll keep updating for them.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I read this here blog...and I love it! It helps me keep in touch with you. Thank you for making such an effort to write and post pictures. I want to see that movie, too. Just saw The Vow with Taylor and it was cute, but not award worthy like that one. You look so beeeYOUtiful in those pictures. You could be in the movies, too!