Monday, February 20, 2012

St. George Parade of Homes


Today Nathan, Adam, Joanna, and little Lydia took part in the St. George Parade of Homes.  Basically, it's a chance for builders to show off their handiwork.  There are houses all over the area, some for sale and some sold, that have been staged to show them off.  Most of the ones we visited are far out of what our price range will ever be.  Some, however, were closer to what we could afford someday.  Either way, they were all fun to peep around.  I got the most excited about all the cool bathrooms!  I also took a million pictures of design ideas.  Here are a few pictures of the highlights:

 Nathan and I both LOVED this kitchen.  I think this was by far our favorite.

 Pool slide!


Gorgeous bathroom!  The shower is behind the wall. 



This house had it's own spa!  Sauna and all...


This was a cool infinity pool with a great view.



I loved the old door they used for the head boards.


This was my favorite dining room.  Take note of the wood on the ceiling, the mirror, the chairs and table, and the mason jar light fixture.


The next group of pictures is from our ideal house.  This one was the most fun to look at because not only was it the perfect size for our future brood, it was our style, and we felt like it was within reach since it was closest to our price range.


ADORE the tiled fireplace.









BATHROOM.  Love the tile.  Love the walk-in shower with 5 nozzles.  Love the sink area.  Love that the toilet has it's own little room so one can poop and the other can take a shower and not smell it.  Love that it has a giant walk-in closet at the end.




I love wallpaper.  I REALLY want wallpaper in my future home.






End of affordable house.  Back to pricey pricey.






The water for the bathtub came from the ceiling!!  This cute old man was in charge of turning it off and on for the visitors.



One of the houses had a diner!  With a theater attatched!  And they were watching "Tangled"!







I forgot to start taking pictures until we were about 4 houses into the day, so I missed out on capturing the memory of a TV that popped out of the kitchen countertop and countless lavish fireplaces.  It's also funny to note that at every home we had to take our shoes off at the door and carry them around.  I wore boots... so it was a pain in the butt.  I had insisted to Nathan that we dressed as if it was an actual possibility that we were potential buyers.  (We also jokingly discussed creating false identities and calling each other "Muffy").  So I donned my pearls and he sported a sport-coat and one of the hosts in an expensive house stopped Nathan to see if he needed any assistance.  Nathan said no thank you and we were just getting ideas for the somewhat distant future.  The man laughed and said, "You wear a jacket, we pay attention to you!"  Told ya!

No comments: