Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Love


Sunday Roasts.... mmm, so simple and so traditional. and so good (when done right). I hope to bring this home with me.

I get my 2 quid lunch here every Saturday. It's not our regular supermarket, but we do come here a lot for some things.

This is our main grocery store. They have this neato system called "Nectar points". I have a card I swipe every time I check out and after I buy a billion things I get a pound off. It takes a while to add up points to make it matter, but it's nice to knock a couple pounds off a purchase here and there.

Forbidden Planet, our geek store.

This is our monthly double date spot with the Scotts. Hmmm... it's a new month... I think it's time to go again! It's a Pan-Asian buffet restaurant with a cheap lunch price. And it's yummy.

I've never really had a sweet tooth, but I've had more chocolate cravings here than ever. I'm really going to miss good chocolate.

Although I do miss having a car, public transportation has left a surprisingly good impression on me.

Hot water never runs out. Never. Unlike our 7 minute rush at the barn.

We're definitely bringing some of this back with us in case we can't find it anywahere.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hehe I know what a quid is and what it means, but it's still funny to think of you eating a 2 SQUID lunch every week :-P

Taylor Brady said...

What's a quid?

Kelsey said...

pound, 2 british pounds sterling

Lisa said...

I'll make a good roast for you. Not too tricky. If our chocolate isn't as good here, I'm glad, because if it were better, I'd be in real trouble. hehe We have Cadbury's...and Godiva...and Russell Stover...and Whitmans...and good ol' Hersheys. That makes me think of Hershey Park. Gotta take Adam! They have great kiddie rides. The custard looks like something I'd like to try-yum! Glad you're finding cool things on the British Isle.