Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm Banksy

Today I had to get out of the house, pretty much like every day, but today was a beautiful day and Nathan was done with classes at noon. When I need to get out of the house, Nathan likes to have a destination (he hates walking aimlessly). I, however, don't like having a destination. That just means that once you get there, you start to go back. Today's aimless walking lead us to some neato places! 10 points to Kelsey.
We walk by this church all the time, but it's easy to miss. It's tucked in next to a Tesco and a video store. Inside there's a tomb/memorial that has graffiti carved into the marble and I was like... who would do that? Then I looked closer and one dated from the 1600's. I just pictured in my head a 17th century hooligan tagging a statue "Finnigan loves Marian spring break 1664"! Then we decided to finally go inside the Bristol Cathedral! These are the things I'm gonna show Taylor when she comes to visit. Just a nice little walk around Bristol and for free you can see churches that are hundreds of years old. No big deal. Then we can go to Cabot Circus and walk around Top Shop and H&M. Word.






Harbor walk is a fun time too. Especially with this beautiful weather, it's really nice to walk down to the water and see all the different boats/ships/yachts/ferrys. One of the ships we've walked by was in Pirates of the Caribbean! Neat.






Taylor will be here soooooooon!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great place to stroll and enjoy the sights! If I were there, I'd stroll with Adam all day (or at least until naptime)! I like the bicolored duplexes on the river and the cathedral was...wow! Do they just let you walk right in and have a look around? I was impressed with the really old buildings when I was over there, too. Here, it's built in, like, 1960 and people are ready to tear it down. Wish, wish, wish I could visit with Taylor. Have a wonderful time together :)

Taylor Brady said...

I AM GOING TO BE THERE SOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!