Friday, April 13, 2012

More Camping Stories

I LOVED the camping stove we borrowed from Adam  and Joanna!  We made hot dogs, breakfast sandwiches, and it  warmed us up in the morning!  We gots to get us one o' these!


It might have been a little on the freezing side at night...  or maybe a lot... but we survived!  And we took hot showers in the morning... oh yeah that's roughing it.










We saw petroglyphs and several chipmunks and lizards.  We took some time to admire the flora and fauna, but BEWARE.  If we learned one thing from this trip... we learned that the soil was ALIVE and if you stepped off the path you'd be killing the bacteria in the dirt and the mountains would crumble before you and it'd take 200 years to rebuild itself yadda yadda yadda.  Apparently the worlds' most important dirt lives in Moab.



 My husband is cute.  I gave him an Indiana Jones hat the night before we got married and he hasn't really worn it (it's more of a collectors thing) but I suggested that he wear it when we went hiking and he was totally into it!  They shot parts of The Last Crusade here, so... why not?  :)












The Nargley Tree Gallery
I've come to find that I'm really obsessed with taking pictures of gnarled old juniper trees.  I call them Nargley, but you have to say it like Luna Lovegood.  You know... when she talks about Nargles.  Don't ask me why... cause I don't have an answer.




 The infamous bowl of death:










This was a view from the REAL path we were supposed to take.  The black line across the bottom is the ledge we were walking on... See?  Not much better for a gal afraid of heights.











Oh look, it's Indiana Jones.  Finding stuff for museums probs.






Broken Arch



Yay for still being alive!



   
I thought this looked like huts on an alien planet.





Giant Sandcastle



 Spot me!





Two!  Two arches ah ah ahhh...

Don't hate, lady


 The end.  I would like to add that Nathan and I have a wonderful marriage and it should go to our everlasting credit that we didn't bicker ONCE.  Not on the ride up, not setting up camp, not deciding what to do or eat, not with directions, and not on the way back.  Booyah.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

No bickering is great considering it's not Nathan's fave activity and you slept in a car for part of the time. lol The pictures were lovely...a really different kind of beauty than the fertile green around this part of the country. The two arches...ah ah ah...great inside joke for Adam! So glad you had a nice trip (and didn't fall off a cliff!)