Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My SuccessMaker Classroom!

In case anyone was curious, I work at Sunset Elementary School as a computer lab tech.  I'm in charge of a specific program called SuccessMaker.  It's pretty sweet, kids play reading and math games and it scores them.  Teachers can go in and check the students scores to see where they are and what specifically they need to work on.  So I'm there to make sure the program and computers run smoothly.  I never thought I'd have such a techie job!  But really, this is the solution to 99.9% of the problems that I get:
I love it.  I have my own classroom and I've been able to relate to my Mom about working in an elementary school!  And I also may have loved decorating the room... a lot :)  (The pics are from my phone, so forgive the low quality.  I'll get a smart phone... someday).



Behold the before:
And all of the afters:




I share the room with an after-school piano class, so the middle of the room is full of keyboards and  my computers are around the perimeter.
Meet Chameleon... he's a Chameleon.  He's one of the many characters in the SuccesMaker universe.
And this is Hamster!  He's my favorite :)  
"Today is a great day to learn something new!"
Ditto
This is Parrot (the names are so clever)
"Will you succeed?  Yes indeed, yes indeed! (98 3/4% guaranteed)" - Dr. Seuss)
I used string and staples to write some of the words.  I like how it came out!  It was a pain though...
Here's my teacher/"I see you on YouTube..." face.


And now, here are some super cute pictures of my little brother form Easter:

Carrying the banner

Little angel at the D.C. Temple

2 comments:

Kara said...

Your classroom is so fun, and your brother is SOOO cute! A great neighbor of ours recently dropped by a huge bin of foam--entire sheets, shapes, animals, letters, etc. If you'd like any of it for school, you'd be more than welcome. :)

Lisa said...

This classroom is the cutest tech lab i've ever seen and the artwork is amazing!You take such pride in whatever you do and the kids must absolutely loooooove it. Thanks for the pics.